Mockingbird Whole Roasted Chicken Dinner
A whole roasted chicken rubbed with Moroccan inspired spices. Served with charred onion-buttermilk sauce on the side for dunking and saucing. Choose two accompanying sides.
- Preheat oven to 425 - we have done the hard part for you and cut the chicken into 8 pieces.
- Pull from packing container with provided foil and place on sheet tray. Place in hot oven for approx. 12-15 min.
Crispy Smoked Steelhead Cakes
House-smoked McFarland Springs Steelhead cakes with fennel & capers, with a crispy breadcrumb crust. 4 generous cakes per order. Served with Meyer lemon aioli, lemon & herbs on the side. Best enjoyed with a glass or two of Les Lunes "Barra Vineyard" Chardonnay. Choose two accompanying sides.
- Preheat oven to 400. Pull from packing container with provided foil and place on sheet tray.
- Place in hot oven for approx. 5-6 min; long enough to get hot and hear a discrete sizzle, but not sooo long the salmon cake dries out.
- Serve with lemon wedges & herbs, and horseradish cream for dipping.
Chicken Pot Pie
We are craving cozy food right now and we thought you might be too! Our Chicken Pot Pie is a hearty individual portion with roasted Brussels sprouts, seasonal veggies, & with a cream biscuit crust. Served up hot and ready with a side green salad for a wholly satisfying chilly weeknight meal. We recommend adding on a bottle of Tatomer 2017 Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir for a complete, comforting To the Nest experience.
Choose to take this home hot to eat immediately, or cold to reheat when you get home or to pop in your freezer to have on deck for one of those lazy/crazy nights.
- Cold: Remove lid and reheat in 400 degree oven for approx. 20 mins.
- Frozen: Defrost for 1 hour. Remove lid and bake in 375 degree oven for 1 hour, filling should be gently bubbling.
Toasted Bagel & Hash Brown Sandwich w/Fried Egg & Pancetta
Only a few left!
Available Saturdays only. Call it breakfast, call it brunch, heck even call it dinner, this sandwich has everything no matter what time of day it is. A toasted Boichik bagel with hash browns, fried egg, pancetta, and cheddar cheese. We even give you house-made hot sauce on the side if you like it spicy! Available on Saturdays only...while they last!
Creamy Mac' and Cheese
Only a few left!
We make ours with hearty rigatoni pasta and a combination of Gruyere, Parmesan, and cheddar cheeses. Classic yum! Order it hot and ready to eat, or take it home with you and heat when you are good and ready.
Remove lid and reheat in 400 oven for approx. 20 min, till bubbly and hot. Pro-tip: Get one cold and tuck into your freezer to enjoy another day.
Burger with Fries
Our Mockingbird burger (and fries!) ready to go from our take-out window. OR pre-order here and schedule a pick-up time at checkout. Your burger will be cooked to order and served on a house-made sesame seed bun with all the fixin's: aioli, BBQ sauce, honey-mustard sauce, grilled onions, lettuce, & dill pickles. Add Cheddar, Gruyere, or Blue Cheese for $2.00.
Roasted Chicken Sandwich
Roasted chicken on a house-made sesame bun with hearty greens, pickled jalapeño, balsamic aioli & a side of french fries. Lunch is back on!
Smoked Steelhead Cakes and Slaw or Sandwich
Two house-smoked McFarland Springs Steelhead cakes with fennel & capers, and a crispy breadcrumb crust; accompanied by pink lady apple & cabbage slaw, Meyer lemon aioli, fresh herbs & lemon. Or choose as a sandwich and get one smoked Steelhead cake on house-made sesame bun with slaw, fries & Meyer lemon aioli on the side.
Smashed Deviled Egg Salad Sandwich
Your favorite deviled eggs smashed on an Acme Bakery torpedo roll with a little extra mustard, pickles and french fries on the side. A little weekday party in a sandwich; grab a napkin (and probably a fork) and enjoy!
Crispy arborio rice balls with honeynut squash & spinach. 6 or 12 pieces per order - served hot with fresh herbs, aioli & winter herb pesto. Can be easily reheated to enjoy later.
Gluten Free upon request & Vegetarian, Vegan w/out pesto.
Reheating Instructions (if desired):
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread fritters out on foil-lined sheet tray, and pop in hot oven for about 5 min.
- Sprinkle with a touch of finishing salt, garnish with herbs, & serve with sauces.
"Chicken-fried" Hen of the Woods Mushroom Sandwich
Don't let the name fool you, this a vegetarian option! Fried mushrooms on a house-made sesame bun, with buttermilk & grilled onion sauce, dill pickles, yellow mustard, shredded lettuces, & french fries. A savory and satisfying veggie lunch.
We're still over here taking our fries seriously. Made with kennebec potatoes - side ketchup & aioli included. We will drop them in the fryer a few minutes before your scheduled pick-up time, so they will be hot & ready to eat on your way home. Or pick them up at our Take Away window!
Gluten Free upon request
- They're fries, they are ready to eat out of the bag!
Mockingbird Fried Brussels Sprouts
Our semi-famous fried Brussels sprouts. Crispy salty Brussels, creamy confit garlic aioli, topped with crumbled blue cheese, fresh thyme & drizzled with sweet and tangy Saba. We can fry them up ready for you to eat, or let you heat them when you're ready to enjoy.
Gluten Free upon request & Vegetarian
- Preheat oven to 450 - spread enclosed tinfoil on a sheet tray and top with Brussels - making sure to keep space between the sprouts, we want them to crisp up not steam!
- Cook about 3-4 min till hot and crispy (you will smell them).
- Spread aioli on plate and top with Brussels - drizzle with Saba & sprinkle with blue cheese, thyme and finishing salt.
Any hour can be a happy one when these little devils are involved. Classic deviled egg filling with a dash of Worchestershire sauce, pickled onions, herbs & paprika garnish. 6 halves per order.
- Deviled eggs are ready to eat straight from the box!
- Arrange on your favorite plate if you're feeling fancy.
Warm & Cheesy Artichoke Dip
Only a few left!
It's back! Our warming artichoke dip is here to fill your weekend snacking needs. Made with artichoke hearts, three types of cheese, and a bit of lemon. Garnish with pickled Fresno jalapeños. Bagel chips from local fav Boichik Bagels.
Preheat oven to 400. Dip will will be packaged in an oven safe foil tin ready for you to pop into a hot oven to reheat, approx. 15-20min or until golden and bubbly. Garnish with parmesan & pickles & enjoy with bagel chips.
White Bean & Savoy Cabbage Soup
This hearty vegetable soup stars white beans and Savoy cabbage, with a dried-porcini mushroom broth and spiced with caraway and dill seeds. Garnish with sour cream and fresh herbs. This soup can stand on it own as a cozy meal or will make a lovely companion to any of our sandwiches or salads! Individual (1 pint) serving.
Vegetarian (Vegan w/o sour cream)
Soup will need to be gently reheated. Garnish with sour cream & herbs.
Farmers Market Lettuces
An ever-changing fresh salad based on what the farmers market yields. A mixed lettuce base with shaved seasonal vegetables, all coated in a savory lemon tahini dressing. Topped off with chickpeas, crispy quinoa, mixed seeds - sunflower, pumpkin, & sesame - this vegan salad hits all the right notes.
Gluten Free & Vegan
- Toss salad and seeds with dressing and enjoy!
Arugula & Mandarin Salad
A colorful arugula salad with super seasonal mandarins, Manchego cheese, dates, pomegranate seeds & sherry vinaigrette.
Vegetarian (can be Vegan without Manchego cheese)
This is one of our crew's favorite green veggie preparations! A combination of broccoli di ciccio and broccoli, sautéed quickly with garlic, lemon, and hot pepper. We can (and do!) eat this all day.
GF/Vegetarian (no parm = vegan)
Gently reheat broccoli and garnish with provided parmesan. Also delicious enjoyed "antipasta" style - at room temperature.
Joan's Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes
They are back! Creamy, buttery mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese, green onions, & sour cream. Serves 2.
Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- Preheat oven 400.
- Potatoes are packaged in an oven safe foil tray, ready for you to remove lid & pop into a hot oven to reheat, approx. 25-30min, until hot and "puffed".
- Transfer to a family-favorite serving dish (or not).
Pork & Beans
Sea Island red pea ragu simmered with pork confit, garlic, sage & rosemary. Garnished with semi-dried cherry tomatoes.
- Gently reheat beans and garnish with provided cherry tomatoes
Roasted carrots, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, tahini, & herbs. Best enjoyed warm or room temp.
Gluten Free & Vegan
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Spread veggies out on included foil, place on sheet tray and pop into oven for approx. 3 mins.
- Drizzle with tahini & sprinkle with herbs to serve.
- Great room temp piled on a thick slice of toasted country-style bread - add some feta or chickpeas and you have one killer lunch!
Keep your larder full of our seasonal sides, they make the perfect lunch or addition to any dinner.
Spiced Apple Turnover
Flakey/buttery puff pastry filled with roasted apples spiced with cinnamon, brown sugar, thyme, vanilla & Bourbon. A little drizzle of icing to finish. Enjoy in the car on the way home - we won't tell anyone.